Thursday, October 04, 2007

I just got back from Lima, meaning that I had Starbucks, Cheese burgers, Spinach dip, Quesadillas, Margaritas, Sweet rolls and.........no rice. What this also means is that I went to my favorite shopping center, Polvos Azules. It is a huge warehouse full of blackmarket items such as every single pirated DVD including many DVDS for movies that are not out in theater yet. I love it not only for the selection but for the service. I brought back a non functioning DVD two months after I bought it, because I live 12hours from Lima. They exchanged it without a hint of complaining. This would never happen in a legit store in Peru, In fact in legit stores, many times I have taken things back with a receipt and a guarantee and they have found ways to not exchange the product. Someone once said to me that more then 50 percent of the economy in Peru is illigitimate businesses and that does not surprise me. Today, I am starting a vegetable garden, something I have never done before...Other news, I have tried studying for the GRE, but have not succeeded because it makes me anxious because it is a reminder that I have no idea what I want to do with my life and therefore what I should study in Grad school. My face is swollen and itchy because I used a laundry bar soap to wash it when I ran out of soap..bad idea. Well, this is about it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Josh said...

A lot of people twice your age don't know what they wanna do; many are content lying to themselves about it just to get thru the day doing some shit job they've never liked and never will. At least you're out there searching for something.

2:44 PM  
Blogger Josh said...

Oh yeah, don't put anything on your face without first reading the directions to find out if it's hazardous.

2:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home