Monday, December 04, 2006

Wow, I just spent 30 minutes writing is this blog and the computer erased it. Anyways, I am starting over. Yesterday, I had a meeting for mothers of a youth group that I want to start. In this group we are going to hike every Sunday to a local hill. They call them hills, I think of them as mountains. The people here must be comparing them to the Andes. I am saying this just in case you guys are picturing these hills as the decline behind our old house that led to the track. That is a speed bump in comparison. Anyways, in these hill there are ancient ruins of the Sican culture. The Sican culture was a culture that was defeated by the Incans, more honestly, they probably just integrated into Incan culture. What I am getting at is that in these hills there are things such as ancient ceramics, walls, wallpaintings, etc. Before each hike I have a friend who is an expert in the archeology of Batan Grande. He is going to tell us about the significance of the artifacts in each hill. I have 2 minutes of computer time left. I will write later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home