Wednesday, January 17, 2007

A glimpse into my life.

The other night my two sisters and I were stretched out in the bed, my cousin standing looking over us. We were covered in our nightly layer of sweat, totally oblivious to or maybe even relaxed by the monotony of the continual chirping of the crickets, the blinding darkness stopping at the window and the abrazive lighting from within the house. Que semana, (what a week) I stated. My sister repeated, Que semana, observing my words, but not really listening. She was lost in her own thoughts. My cousin looked at us and laughed. each one of us had had exhaustingly eventful weeks, and were camped out in the bed recovering.

Rocio´s week: Last night we went to the park, the park is where the night life is. Everyone who is anyone is at the park at night. We were walking towards the house when a boy ran past and pegged her with a waterballoon. She stood there drenched,, humiliated, 13, and on the breaking point of tears. To make matters worse her boyfriend kept chiding her, saying that is was her fault for running, if she had stayed close to the Mollo and I, it never would have happened. Broken.

Mollo´s week: This week a boy confessed his feelings for her and kissed her. To make matters more complicated, she is completely in love with another, her boyfriend, who is passing summer vacations in Lima. This is a problem for anyone, but imagine being a 15 year old girl immersed in her first love and going through this.

Joanna´s week: I can´t post this on a blog

My week: read the next blog. I am not ready to write about it. I am still a little ovrewhelmed.

1 Comments:

Blogger Josh said...

Erin,

Sounds like you've been dealing with a lot lately. All you can do is keep your head up and deal with one problem at a time. Don't let the stress of it all overwhelm you too much. Work hard, play safe, but carry a switchblade just in case. I'm a self-proclaimed poetic genius.

Love,
Josh

9:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home